Find the answer to your Linux question:
I never installed linux but I tried the mandrake move and I was superimpressed. Can I install linux and keep winXP? Do I need create partition? How? Is there a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how install mandrake and keep winXP

I never installed linux but I tried the mandrake move and I was superimpressed. Can I install linux and keep winXP? Do I need create partition? How? Is there a linux softare to do that?
    Thanks
    Tom

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-31569.html

Try That and see if it helps. I have Mandrake 10.1 and windows xp running and booting fine on my PC.

Linux Newbie
    Hi rusmi, yes you can. I would suggest getting a partition software like partition commander or partition magic. PM is easy to use and has a GUI. So you would need to resize your win partition and then install Mdk on the rest. If it is a clean install of win the just tell it how much you would like to give. I have a dual boot as many others do. When I do a clean install of win I make a 20-30 GB partition and install win. Then I put my White Box Linux (for you Mandrake) and install it. Not much left after that. Any ways good luck and if you need any thing else be glad to help. Welcome to the forums,
    Daemon Insco
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Plato