Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to get into the KDE system configuration menu and it keeps locking up every single time I click on the boot loader icon. Is there any way ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10 keeps locking up when I try to configure!!

I am trying to get into the KDE system configuration menu and it keeps locking up every single time I click on the boot loader icon. Is there any way to remedy this?

I'm not sure about this, but something that might work is this ... There is a little applet that ships with Mandrake called 'Runaway process catcher'... Not sure if it's available with 10.0

This sits on your Kicker bar, and if there's anything running in the background which is slowing your system down and messing things up, this might catch it for you. It solved a problem I was having with Konqueror - I found out by accident (this is generally how I solve my Linux problems!)

My motto: if you're patient enough and try hard enough for long enough, you'll find the answers Anyway, worth a try?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    After a while my mandrake started locking up during the boot process. So I got rid of mandrake and now I have fedora core 3. No problems since. I guess mandrake just doesn't like my system.