Find the answer to your Linux question:
i wuz trying to change the icons in the menu editor and when i wsaved it and clicked on the menu, it had changed. Now it is missing some options ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

start menu problem

i wuz trying to change the icons in the menu editor and when i wsaved it and clicked on the menu, it had changed. Now it is missing some options and i want the default menu that came wid mandrake.. any suggestions

Is there a "Restore Default" option in the proggie that you used to edit the menu?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    no,the menu editor came wid it, its called KDE menu editor and when i look at the options some of them are not even there. so i cant change anything

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    There are several options in MenuDrake that you could have changed. First, make sure that you've chosen to edit the system menu rather then root. Also, try the various settings under style, there's KDE, GNOME, IcWM, and All (I think). You may have set it to one, and not the other or something like that. There is a restore button there as well (or at least there used to be), that will let you restore the default.

If none of those work, let us know,
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    i think i know what the problem is. wheni went to root and see if i could change anything, Mandrake menu editor opened up. So now when i open the editor, it opens the k menu editor. how can i open the mandrake menu editor?