Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I am about to get a great job programming in php and some sql, queries and stuff. I am not afraid of dealing with databases, but i need ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

PHP and MYSQL

Hi all.

I am about to get a great job programming in php and some sql, queries and stuff. I am not afraid of dealing with databases, but i need a crash course for PHP, i've always been afraid of it. Now it bit me in the aaaeeiisss... So, bottom line is, i need to install some web server (apache i would think comes with linux), the php engine and mysql to start learning. So far, all i've done is corrupt my linux and i have had to install twice tonite alone. Help please.....

Linux Engineer
    When you install mandrake one of the options is to install apache/php/mysql as a webserver and database. That's the easiest way.

Failing that you can install them from the mandrake control centre and get them running from the services tab.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Well, i've downloaded the following from php.net and apache.org:

apache: httpd-2.0.52.tar.bz2
    php: php-4.3.10.tar.bz2

I guess i install apache first and then php. I'll find out if there is like a manual or so.

Ok, i have gone nowhere cause i get this message when typing "./configure" as root: "bash: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied"

Here's the link i am using directly from apache.org so i make sure i get this done right: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html#configure

Your help is needed more than ever dudes!! Thanks in advanced.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If your having this much trouble, your probably better off just installing the versions available on the mandrake CD's you can do so from the Control Center. The packages might be a littel bit older, but they will be stable and work together.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Guru
    While I completely agree with Chris and Qub and *highly* recommend installing both packages from Mandrake source, you might try:
    Code:
    /bin/sh configure
    Or whatever your sh command location is

Code:
    which sh
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

I think i should get this installed to give it a shot. I shouldn't just give up and not learn, i refuse to do that. I mean, how did you guys learn? By just doing the much easier but not the best way? I wanna get this done and know as much as you do. That's why i spend my nights reading and trying when i could just be sleeping to get to work fine the next morning.

Anyways, i'll just keep on hitting it hard until i get it installed.