Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
while installing mandrake 10.1, I got this error message: something about it not being able to find an ide device which to load to , (parport_pc, "imm", "ppa interfaces"). But ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mandrake 10. install ???

while installing mandrake 10.1, I got this error message: something about it not being able to find an ide device which to load to , (parport_pc, "imm", "ppa interfaces"). But when looking in the hardware devices listed, I could find nothiing familiar and or devices; the harddrive I'm supposing - rite?

Linux Newbie
    You are right about one thing. It is a hardware problem. First I would suggest if using 10.0 try 10.1. If seems to be better and have less problems w/hardware. Do you have a SATA hard disk? what other IDE drives do you have?
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Plato

Just Joined!
    i get the same ****ing problem! i dont know wats went wrong!

Just Joined!
    Hey guys I am new to Linux. My friend reccommended me to have one. I downloaded the 3-Disc Mandrakelinux from the website. But when I tried to install it, nothing happens. There is an option that says install MandrakeLinux but whenever I click on it, nothing seems to happen. Can someone help me please because I am excited about using a different operating system. Thanks

Just Joined!
    you did boot with the cd ?

Just Joined!
    Yeah I did boot from the CD. Whenever I restarted my laptop, XP loads up instead of the CD. When my laptop finally boots up and I load my CD-ROM, the welcome page appears and whenever I click on install, nothing happens

Just Joined!

mandrake 10.1 - laptop compaq armada

I have the same kind of problem : nothing happen from the graphic install. I booted with the CD, a caracter version of install runs for a while then asks me for "Additional Drivers Floppy",, which I don't have and then went bersek and crashed.
    For flashy 01 : there must be an option in your XP system enabling to boot from CD, else it never starts from it.
    Is there a big problem with laptop compaq (mine is an armada 1592 DT) and Mandrake ??

Just Joined!
    Ok does anyone knows how to boot from a CD on XP then pls?

Quote Originally Posted by flashy01
    Ok does anyone knows how to boot from a CD on XP then pls?
    Enter the BIOS before XP loads, do this with eithre Del, or F1 or Esc when starting to boot.
    In the BIOS set the CD as the first boot device, you should now be able to boot the cd;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

can some 1 help me 2
    i downloaded the 3 disc set also
    but it asks for disc 4 2 install kde is there
    a disc 4 or is kde on another disc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast