Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Where is your hard drive? is it the first drive on the first IDE cable, the second drive on the first IDE cable, the first IDE device on the second ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Where is your hard drive? is it the first drive on the first IDE cable, the second drive on the first IDE cable, the first IDE device on the second IDE cable, or is it the second drive on the seconf IDE cable?

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Hi again metallicafan. We've been seeing some of this type problem installing Mdk 10.1 over at Linuxcompatible. Maybe this will help. Good Luck.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    I need to thank Dapper Dan and dylunio for all the help. You guys have been loads of help. Dan, I looked at that post from linuxcompatible and it is kinda interesting that someone besides me is having this problem. I notced that he said something about PNP OS. Can anyone tell me what that is? Also what will acpi=off option do? Im still debating what to do. I guess i could try to find a USB CDROM drive to try. My drive is just a stand alone DVD drive not a combo drive. I guess i could also try to update my BIOS but id rather not if i dont have to.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    This problem didn't seem to occur with Mandrake 9.2. It's not the latest, but it still works and shouldn't give that problem. Or, you could go with something like Fedora Core 2 or SuSE 9.1 or 9.2. Simply Mepis is a good Debian based choice as well.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2