Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, i'm really new to linux and i would like to know how much in % should i allocate for each main mandrake partition. (i have 10gb for lin) / ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partitions

Hello, i'm really new to linux and i would like to know how much in % should i allocate for each main mandrake partition. (i have 10gb for lin)

/ - ?%
    /usr - ?%
    /home - ?%
    and swap i think should be double the ram size.

you may recommend some other partitions

10x very much

Linux Engineer
    / - ?%
    /usr - ?%
    /home - ?%

/swap, doesnt have to be double of your ram, I have 512ram, and very very rarely use swap space.... so 512 could be enough if you about the same ram as me.

/root, I have a lot of program installed, so this could change, but I currently use 2195Mb....
    /home... I have other partition for my file, so this could be at (depending on personnal files 1-2 Gb (if you think about putting music and all))
    /usr, let it included in the /root install...

so in general idd suggest something alike,
    512 swap - (1Gb if less ram)
    4Gb /root
    1 Gb /home

that leaves you with 4.5Gb if I know how to count create a "file" partition for music, and download...
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!

10x

10x for your help