Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, before I start installing linux I want to see if there are drivers available for the following: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX Logitech Quickcam Orbit ENE memory card reader ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Are there drivers available... I want to install 4 1st time

Hi, before I start installing linux I want to see if there are drivers available for the following:

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX
    Logitech Quickcam Orbit
    ENE memory card reader built into my HP ZD7140
    Logitech MX900 BT mouse
    HP 5150 printer
    HP 3570c scanner

I can't seem to find drivers for this hardware on Mandrake's site or anywhere else...

ps-I'm a linux noob...

Most thing should work, try the manufactures websites an maybe http://www.linuxprinting.org/, the only things that might give a problem are the webcam, and card reader, I've got a SBAudigy, a Logitec mouse a HP printer and a Epson scanner working in linux;

hope this helps a bit;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Ok, I have found the printer driver.

Do you have the Audigy 2 NX? The problem here is that it's an external USB sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by hotweiss
    Do you have the Audigy 2 NX? The problem here is that it's an external USB sound card.
    no I have SB Audigy PCIcard, I've just looked at creative's website to look for the drivers, but they don't seem to have them, there might be third party drivers out there somware though;

dylunio
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    I did some searching with no luck, I guess I'm sticking with Windows for a little while longer.

Why don't you try a live distrobution so you can try linux without installing? such distro's are:
    MandrakeMove
    Knoppix
    SlaX

Or you could dual boot linux/windows to get a taste of linux while keeping windows, you could see how your hardware faired with generic drivers this way;

dylunio
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Good idea, I'm downloading Knoppix now. Probably the best thing for a n00b. It's a shame that the hardware industry doesn't support Linux fully, as Windows is turning into bloatware. This being the reason that I want to try out Linux.

Just Joined!
    I tried Knoppix out and it worked only in safe mode. None the less, I was quite impressed by the speed... Now I'm trying PClinuxOS, maybe I'll have better luck...

I'd switch over to linux on the spot if drivers were available for all of my hardware. The next time I buy a computer I'll try to buy one that is compatible with a specific Linux distro.