Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings. I am new at linux and Mandrake. I tried to play a dvd for my wife and it couldn't play with mandrake's dvd player. it said something about encryption. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

harry potter dvd won't play: said something about encryption

Greetings. I am new at linux and Mandrake. I tried to play a dvd for my wife and it couldn't play with mandrake's dvd player. it said something about encryption. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?
    Penguin egg

have you got libdvdcss installed, you will need it instaled to view encrypted dvd's.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Thankyou,
    How do I know what I have installed? and if it isn't installed how do I go about installing it?

What a big can of worms. One question leads to several more

thanks
    penguin egg

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    If you haven't set up your sources for the mandrake package manager then set them up with easyurpmi (do a search). You may be able to install libdvdcss2 from there.

If not google for a mandrake rpm and as root type urpmi <filename> to install it.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Just Joined!
    Wow! Thanks!

That worked like a charm! (except it said during the urpmi that there were bad signatures, I have some bad signature myself, being a future physician...)

:P :P :P :P
    This is the very first linux problem that I have completely solved! I feel like I'm going somewhere! Now if I could just get my winmodem to work, and my internal wireless, and my mousepad to adjust to my anal retentive demands... oh the joy!

penguin egg