Find the answer to your Linux question:
Going to install mandrakelinux, so I'll go ahead and ask the almost-as-old-as-which-linux-is-the-best-old-question: Which should I choose; Gnome or KDE? Which is more stable, memory/processor consuming, buggy, etc?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question

Going to install mandrakelinux, so I'll go ahead and ask the almost-as-old-as-which-linux-is-the-best-old-question: Which should I choose; Gnome or KDE? Which is more stable, memory/processor consuming, buggy, etc?

Again it is personal choice, I prefer KDE to GNOME, but others prefer GNOME. GNOME is the slightest bit lighter I thibk, but they both run at the same speed by now (gnome used to be faster).

I'd try both an pick the one you like best;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Engineer
    I also would recommend KDE (personnal flavor) as it includes MANY applications I eally like
    SuperKaramba, Kaffeine,... only to enumerate 2
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Linux Guru
    Why choose now? If you have space, why not install both? I'm not sure about Mandrake, but in Fedora, with both installed, you can choose before logging in to a graphic session, and you can choose which one to make your default 'this week'. Biggest problem with KDE, though, is making up your mind with all the other choices it will offer. Have fun!
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better