Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Alright! Thanks man! It's working now. I changed the driver from snd-intel8xo to i810_audio and now things work again. Do you have any idea why this is? Regards, Ruud...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alright! Thanks man! It's working now. I changed the driver from snd-intel8xo to i810_audio and now things work again. Do you have any idea why this is?

Regards,

Ruud

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthrakh
    Alright! Thanks man! It's working now. I changed the driver from snd-intel8xo to i810_audio and now things work again. Do you have any idea why this is?

Regards,

Ruud
    snd-intel8xo - i810_audio

The apparent difference I see, is the string been different :P joking...
    as for the real diffence, I'll have to look at the exact supported hardware the snd-intel8xo driver is for...
    sorry for my limited knowledge
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Oops! It's not working anymore. My newly installed xmms crashed and now I cannot hear any sound anymore, for both previously mentioned drivers. Could it be that I should just wait for new Nvidia drivers?

R.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

No Sound

I'm not sure what kernel I'm running but I don't get any sound. I have the snd-es18xx Sound Card. I can play an audio file and the audio player seems to read the file but no sound comes out. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Just Joined!

No Sound

I figured out how to get the sound to work. For anyone else having the same problem, all you have to do is type alsaconf at the terminal. If it says that no sound cards were detected and asks if you want to scan for cards, click yes. Then it will ask if you are sure, and click yes again. Do not uncheck any of the cards from the list and click ok. If it asks if you want to scan for all possible combinations, click yes. This may take a while, but when it is finished it should ask if you want to edit modprobe.conf. Click yes and it will say that alsa is set up and to use a mixer to adjust the volume. Then at the terminal enter alsamixer or alsamix (whichever one works) and you should see a bunch of bars with numbers underneath. Under the Master bar it should say 50 <> 50 or 53 <> 53. Change this to 90 <> 90 and exit. Then restart your computer and it should work. If it doesnt work, you probably dont have a sound card and you need to get one or get a sound card emulator.

Just Joined!

Still no sound either

I have been trying to get sound to work on my computer for a week now. I've read all the help offered on this and many other threads, from alsamixer and kmix, etc... When I do sndconfig, I can hear the little sound byte to test thereafter. Nevertheless, when I go the internet or try to listen to anything else, nothing. I can't install any program since I keep getting the "no C compiler not in $PATH": message. I am this close to giving up on Linux.

Can anyone help me with my sound?...never mind the other message.

Thx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2