Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK, I really desperately need help now. I downloaded and installed all the disks of Mandrake 10.1. That was all fine. Now, I can't drag windows. When a window is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot type anything into text fields in KDE, also cannot dr

OK, I really desperately need help now. I downloaded and installed all the disks of Mandrake 10.1. That was all fine.

Now, I can't drag windows. When a window is open there isn't a bar at the top (like in windows) which lets me drag it, and have the minimise, maximise and X buttons in the top right hand corner.

This is a pain.

Secondly, whenever there is an input field, it won't let me type into it, for this reason, I have come back into my Windows boot to ask for help since I can't type in my internet connection settings into the input field

Thanks very much for your help.

Linux Guru
    The part about windows with no header bar is kind of disturbing. Sounds like a corrupted X windows install...

For entering text, your situation sounds similar to but still different from another one, so I'm not sure if this will help:

Do ctrl-alt-F4 to get a text screen.
    Enter 'killall gpm' to stop the program that runs the mouse in the text screens.
    Do ctrl-F7 to go back to the graphic screen.
    Do ctrl-alt-backspace to kill the X server. The X server (graphic screen) should restart automatically.

Did that help, at all? If it does, it's because of a conflict between two different components that listen to the mouse and the keyboard. The preceding steps will only apply for the current session, so a reboot will restore it to it's previous condition, but other changes can make it permanent.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Just Joined!
    Try using GNOME. I heard that the version of KDE that is bundled with mandrake 10 is bad...I also had some problems with it. If gnome doens't work, I'd just try reinstalling...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close