Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, ihave amd64 processor, i downloaded both a i586 version of mandrake (dvd) and the x86_64 version of mandrake (3 cds), when trying to install, it will get up to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cannot installl

hi, ihave amd64 processor, i downloaded both a i586 version of mandrake (dvd) and the x86_64 version of mandrake (3 cds), when trying to install, it will get up to the initial part where you have to press enter, after that it looks like its loading mandrake to isntall, but it hangs on a black screen, ive disconnected all usb that i use other than a usb keyboard that ihave.....can anyone help ?

Linux Guru
    Before the kernel gets loaded, you should have a screen that lets you enter some additional options. These options are passed to the kernel to alter its behavior. It sounds like you may have some hardware that Linux is having trouble with and that needs to be worked around at least temporarily. At the initial splash screen, look for a way, perhaps with the function keys (F2, etc) that you are able to "pass additional parameters to the kernel". I have one machine that requires that DMA not be used, so to boot to install, I would have to do:
    Code:
    boot: Linux ide=nodma
    Other parameters take that same form and multiple parameters can be strung along, separated with spaces.

Or your install disk may be corrupted. You should be able to check it with the md5 sum.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better