Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI, I just installed suse 9.2 along with mandrake 10.1 but after installing suse Im not able to choose or see madrake as an option to boot from in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with bootloader!!

HI, I just installed suse 9.2 along with mandrake 10.1 but after installing suse Im not able to choose or see madrake as an option to boot from in the boot loader. Can anybody help me solve this, or tell me what files to reconfigure?
    Thanks!!!

Linux Engineer

Re: help with bootloader!!

Quote Originally Posted by zapper21
    HI, I just installed suse 9.2 along with mandrake 10.1 but after installing suse Im not able to choose or see madrake as an option to boot from in the boot loader. Can anybody help me solve this, or tell me what files to reconfigure?
    Thanks!!!
    depending if you are using GRUB or LILO
    here are the 2 tutorial for each of them
    GRUB
    LILO

Keep us updated if more information is required
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Hey, Thanks for the post even though i couldnt use it cause it seems that I deleted the partion for mandrake and used the whole disk for suse, this tutorial will be helpful since im always running in this kinda situations when i need to restore the bootloader or need to boot up in different linux distros. Thanks again!!