Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello there. I am new in here and new in linux scenes. I just got Mandrake 10.1. and I installed it. Installing went smoothly. The problem is that when I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KDE freezes when logging in.

Hello there. I am new in here and new in linux scenes. I just got Mandrake 10.1. and I installed it. Installing went smoothly. The problem is that when I log in with KDE (version 3.2) it loads untill it gets to 57% and then it freezes. Its loading desktop at that point if I'm not mistaken. Now I'm in with Gnome but I would very much like to use KDE. has anyone had the same problem? does anyone know the solution? Please help me .

Just Joined!

I had a similar problem

My problem was it sort of freezed at 70% (or so).
    I say sort of freezed because it didnt freeze completly, it just showed up the blue background for a couple of minutes (2 or 3) and then everything was fine.

I have no idea what was causing this but i think it was something related to misconfigured network settings. Because as soon i got my network working the problem dissapeared.

Just Joined!

same thing has happened too me

I had the same problem during my last debian install : KDE or Gnome were so slow before really starting a session that you could think they were freezed.

Thanks to jmfairlie's answer, I discovered that my /etc/network/interfaces file had not been configured yet (all this happened just after installation of a new debian testing distribution).

After correcting the file, everything just starts in 2s !

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close