Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever I try to play an audio CD using XMMS, only the first beat of the track plays and is repeated 3-4 times before it stops. This is repeated each ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Playing audio CDs

Whenever I try to play an audio CD using XMMS, only the first beat of the track plays and is repeated 3-4 times before it stops. This is repeated each time I hit the play button. Interestingly, once I do this, it seems the sound is then corrupted on my machine until I restart. Prior to attempting to play a CD, the sound is fine for other file types (mp3, etc.). After trying to play a CD, I get the same result when I try to play an mp3 file.

Specs: I'm running Mandrake 10.0 on a Dell Dimension 2400. Intel sound card using ALSA. I was unable to get sound using KsCD and learned I needed XMMS with the xmms-cdread plugin installed. Now, I have at least verified that I can get sound from my cdrom, but there is still a problem. I have tried various configurations within XMMS without success.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Does your CDs play in anything else properly? Xine, Kaffeine, Amarok, etc?

Just Joined!

Playing audio CDs

Hmmm . . . I'm a bit of a newbie. I don't know what Xine, Kaffeine, and Amarok refer to. Could you elaborate? Thanks!

Banned
    they are all different media players, u should find them by clicking on the Klicker and under sound and video

Just Joined!
    I had a problem with audion CDs until I installed Kaffeine

Just Joined!

Playing audio CDs

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give these a try and see what happens.