Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings there, i just happen to make a switch from fedora to mdk. first reaction, the installer was a breeze! really easy... next i got to face a problem... i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MDK 10.1, three/four cd's?

Greetings there,
    i just happen to make a switch from fedora to mdk.
    first reaction, the installer was a breeze! really easy...
    next i got to face a problem... i got the mdk cd's yesterday from a local lug. there were three cd's but the installer asked for 4 cd's the fourth one having KDE3.3 .
    also when i tried to install KPPP, the GUI pkg mgr asked for installation cd 1 i popped it in, but the installer popped the cd out and re-requested for it.

any pointers...!

thanks,
    rohit.

Huummm. Mdk should work with only 3 cds. CDs 4 and 5 have properitary software and only come with the buy-from-Mdk version.

Just Joined!
    In addition to what linkinp4rk410 said, the only reason why it asks for the 4th CD, is caus eyour trying to install KDE3.3 that only comes with the payable version of MDK,
    simply set the installation to install the default KDE3.2, and everything will run smootly

Just Joined!
    Greetings there,
    i guess i can do without the kde 3.3 unless i have linux running!

also when i tried to install KPPP, the GUI pkg mgr asked for installation cd 1 i popped it in, but the installer popped the cd out and re-requested for it.
    i tried all the 3 cd's but it did not accept the cd's!
    any help on this ??

thanks,
    rohit.

Just Joined!
    I think there is an option somewhere while installing where you selec a 3 CD option. Again you do not need the 4th CD, 3 works just fine.