Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, When I try to login, I get a very weird looking login screen. It comes up all blurry and not right looking. I can partially fix this by pushing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Messed Up Login Screen

Hello,

When I try to login, I get a very weird looking login screen. It comes up all blurry and not right looking. I can partially fix this by pushing Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the command prompt and then Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to the graphical (I'm a bit of a newbie so please excuse my lingo if it is not right). After doing this, I get a proper grpahical screen, but the font is big and the login screen is bigger than my laptop monitor (I can go to the edge of my screen with my mouse but the screen keeps going over for a while). I have figured out that it was the fact the resolution was bigger than my screen but I have configured my resolution to be 1024x768 and this comes up normal once I have logged in.

Doe anyone know how to fix this? If you are unsure what I am talking about, I can try to take a screenshot. If you would like some screenshots, I can post them on a site and you can take a look. Also, could you please explain how to take a screenshot if I can't do it by pushing print screen (as I will not have logged in by this point).

Thanks,
    Bryan

Hello,

Don't worry about this anymore, I have just switched back to FC3.

Thanks,
    Bryan