Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi there! I've just installed mandrake 10.1 and i've got a problem with my wireless usb adpter...when I try to install a new connection with the configuration tool, after I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless configuration problem

hi there!
    I've just installed mandrake 10.1 and i've got a problem with my wireless usb adpter...when I try to install a new connection with the configuration tool, after I have chosen the right driver and I've put the options (debug and netdev name), it returns to the first page of the tool. the same thing happens if I try with another driver and by the way I'm sure I'm using the right one (at76c-503-rfmd for a netgear usb wireless adapter)....so the configuration fails and if I try with iwconfig, I can see that there is no wlan device existing...it seems to be an error of the mandrake control center.....does anyone know what it could be? is there a way to configure my wireless using the shell?

Just Joined!
    http://at76c503a.berlios.de/

Start there.

I had this same problem. I rebuilt the kernel and everything worked. Also if you are newer and happened to install shorewall, make sure you turn that off or configure it first so you don't hit that "wall" too.

Jeff