Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I was wondering wether it was posible to force the system to load /dev/sda files on boot regardless of wether a sda device was detected....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Loading sda files on boot

Hi All,
    I was wondering wether it was posible to force the system to load /dev/sda files on boot regardless of wether a sda device was detected.

Linux Engineer
    If the sda device isnt detected at boot, its impossible to "load", the correct word would be "mount".

This is due to the fact taht Linux doesnt actually see the drive as external device, it includes it into the current configuration.
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Ok,
    The problem occurs when I try to insert my USB drive after logging on. The system cannot detect it fdisk -l doesn't show the USB drive, but it shows all the other system drives. That was why I was wondering if it was possible to create an sda file which would point to /proc/bus/usb (the location of the USB hub on which the drive is connected to).

Is there any way to accomplish this?