Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/...corporate/2539...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mandrake is buying Conectiva linux!

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Thanks Flatline: I also saw this earlier today. I use both distros but Conectiva is my more recent installation. I was just getting to grips with it (I recommend it btw) and now i wonder what will happen to it.

I hope that the aquisition will benefit either two separate product lines (if they are kept) or if the distros are joined then I imagine that the joint product will benefit from the expertise that both companies have.

This merger might be the start of a consolidation in the LInux world. If it is, while I think that will make Linux an even more viable operating system I will also be sad to see fewer distros. We could probably end up with three exceptionally popularand powerful distros (it isn't hard to guess which) and a lot of much smaller ones.

The coffee longe thread regarding this is here: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-35097.html
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks Dylunio but in fairness to Flatline I should point out that the thread was begun here, and about an hour before the Coffee Lounge posting.