Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking for the free download of Mandrake Linux x86-64 for DVD or CD's. Is it avaliable free or for pay only? If it is only for pay, can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake Linux x86-64 Free Download

I am looking for the free download of Mandrake Linux x86-64 for DVD or CD's. Is it avaliable free or for pay only? If it is only for pay, can I install Mandrake Linux 10.1 on my AMD64 system and still have it work? Will I lose all performance or just a little?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I found it, just had to do a little more digging. ftp://ftp.phys.ttu.edu/pub/mandrakel...o/10.1/x86_64/

Sorry for the useless post...

AMD64 chips will run either AMD64 distros or regular x86 distros with very little performance difference, if at all. It's always better just as a rule to try and run 64-bit OSes on 64-bit chips, but it doesn't make *that* big of a performance difference right now.

In the future when people start to really make use of all the new bells and whistles of the 64-bit platform, then it will be worth using. For now, it's just a personal preference pretty much.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

Re: Mandrake Linux x86-64 Free Download

If you go to the Distro Watch site you will find 4 CD Rom sets of MDK 10.1 Official for less than $10.00. When you consider the time, costs of CDs and error possibility it's a no brainer.

Just Joined!
    Well I installed it fine so Id rather keep the 10.00 .