Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have windows xp and mandrake on my computer. I want to format C for windows) but i think this will cause to delete the grub, so i will not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Saving Grub

I have windows xp and mandrake on my computer. I want to format Cfor windows) but i think this will cause to delete the grub, so i will not able to start linux again. Do you have any idea to fix the problem? Thanks...[/quote]

Just Joined!
    is your grub on the "mbr"? if so then format the hard drive won't delete grub

After your Windows install you can always boot from the Mandrake cd (pressing F1 and then typing "rescue" and hitting Enter will get you to a recovery utility) and restore your bootloader. You will probably have to modify grub or lilo (whichever you're using - Mandrake uses lilo by default) to include Windows, but that is very easy to do.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

The format wouldn't hurt his bootloader, but a Windows install would.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson