Find the answer to your Linux question:
For starters I am a Linux NEWBIE...but I installed mandrake 10.1 official beggining of the week because I am completely done with mickysoft, now im to the point i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ATI driver finally in but no acceleration

For starters I am a Linux NEWBIE...but I installed mandrake 10.1 official beggining of the week because I am completely done with mickysoft, now im to the point i have all sources set and updated, Xorg updated to 6.8.2, kernel sources updated, ATI drivers installed , fglrxconfig is configured properly as far as my knowledge goes. and everything ok...So it says, but yet I have very slow 3d acceleration on my ATI 9800 pro. where do I turn next?

I tested 3d acceleration with point2play by transgaming, I have no open GL and Very slow direct3d.

Any help would be great, I have no problem researching and learning fixes but thia has me stumped I really thought ATI's driver would have fixed my hardware acceleration.

Linux Newbie
    well you may not like my speal, but heres what i did:

i tried the ati drivers for my card (9200) but it didn't give me 3d accel. so when back to generic for a while, but when i got 10.1 powerpack it had the ati drivers with 3d accel.

now im sure there is a way to get it to work without powerpack but i thought i would just tell you that it is very possible to get 3d working.

Just Joined!

Acceleration but no sound

Ok finally got acceleration but now i have no sound, I have reloaded my sound drivers but still nothing

The problem with acceleration was in my fglrx kernel, many thanks to Thac's.rpms

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Acceleration but no sound

Ok finally got acceleration but now i have no sound, I have reloaded my sound drivers but still nothing

The problem with acceleration was in my fglrx kernel, many thanks to Thac's.rpms