Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm attempting to Install Linux for the first time. I got the ISO (10.1) of the Mandrake website, burnt it to DVD and am installing it onto a machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

"Processing... please wait" Crash on Install

Hi, I'm attempting to Install Linux for the first time.

I got the ISO (10.1) of the Mandrake website, burnt it to DVD and am installing it onto a machine with the following spec:

AMD XP 400FSB 3600
    768 RAM
    GA-7N400 Pro 2 Gigabyte Motherboard
    Asus Radeon 9200SE Graphics Card
    USB Mouse/PS2 Keyboard

Anyhow, when I try to install, I get past the first options menu (I.E. "Select More Options or Install Now") and then it says its detecting USB devices, Disabling IRQ ports... and then screen goes black, and down in the corner it says "Processing... please wait".

And well... I'm a patient guy so I waited. And waited. Overall I think its had a ten hours over three tries. And that takes the mick a bit.

So uhh... I've tried searching the net to find out why its crashing and nothing seems to exist to help as far as I can see. So can anyone here offer any advice?

try using a generic PS2 mouse and see what happens, not all usb mice are supported under linux.

Just Joined!
    i had a similar problem at install
    the mouse will be installable after but some usb hubs seem to get stuck
    it will work if it came with a usb/ps2 adaptor

g

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Also a hint for future steps of installation, the Radeon series of graphics cards can be tricky to install, try getting the system working under a generic driver and then fiddle around with the drivers once your system is up and running.