Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Flatline You could also type smb:// hostname in the Location field in Konqueror Hmm! That's something that has been quite "buggy" at least in my point of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    You could also type smb://hostname in the Location field in Konqueror
    Hmm! That's something that has been quite "buggy" at least in my point of view. Could be my "fat" fingers that do it wrong.
    However, in some cases it works pretty ok, in other it just wont send correct credentials to the Windows auth.

Yeah, it seems to depend on your *nix box's firewall settings and the settings on the Windows box. I've had it work as often as not though, which is at least more than I can say about network browsing in Nautilus (a rather large bug in an otherwise excellent desktop environment).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Enthusiast
    Yeah, had some hopes on Nautilus when Novell opened theire eyes on the world of free software.

To be true about Konqueror, I have not been using it for a while, and just gave it a shoot. Works like a charm now.

But to give a high warning finger, is that in an Active Directory environment, usually "SMB Signing" is set to "On", and is not supported in any std installed SMB linux tools. So to get it working, you need to set "SMB Signing" to "off" or "On if client supports" (cant really recall exactly which settings the AD had)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2