Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am still a bit of a newbie to Linux, I love it's stability and all the softtware that comes along with it. I'm running Mandrake 9.1rc2 and have been ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Eciadsl 0.10-nortek-alpha--HELP!!

I am still a bit of a newbie to Linux, I love it's stability and all the softtware that comes along with it.
    I'm running Mandrake 9.1rc2 and have been trying to get it online for quite a few days now to no avail.
    I have a Dlink DSL-200 Rev b1 USB modem and if it wasn't for XP, i would have chucked it at the wall by now! Problems after problems, reboots after reboots!
    OK so i extracted the tar and ran ./configure in root user. Oops gcc checking error, reboot, XP, websites. OK need the --diable-gcc-check Param. reboot, Linux.
    Ok seems OK there ran make, make cfg, filled in the settings that are required. Ran eciadsl-start and lets see, synch errors.
    Reboot, XP, Websites. Ok downloaded that package of synchxx.bins
    tried all those along with the 7470 bins that came with the install, still no avail.
    After searching all over the net I read, open here, change there, edit this, edit that. Now it's really dead!!
    Reinstalled linux, started over but now my problem is at the make command right t the start!!!
    *cc command not found or something like that (sorry in XP...again)
    OK a bit more research tells me i need to install the GNU development packages, Where are they?? I installed the entire Development package and same error!!! somebody please lead me to clear instructions on how to get Linux online from straight after install.

I need to know why i'm getting command not founds, what rpm's need to be installed beforehand, what synchxx.bin i'm supposed to be using, the correct modem chipset & device type(i got errors with those too!)
    If somebody can help me here, i'll make a website of my own with these instructions to save such stress for others with dsl-200 rev b1 USB modem

Just Joined!
    not to sure about the rest but if you run this as root the cc error should go away
    Code:
    # cd   /usr/bin
    # ln -sf gcc cc
    that will make anything that needs the old unix compiler for the GNU one.
    g

Just Joined!

Still no go

I gave that command a go, but i still get the same error, thanx for your reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close