Find the answer to your Linux question:
Today I went to vh1.com from my mandrake box (10.2 beta 2 uname -r = 2.6.10-1mdk) . I am using the forefox 1.0 browser and am unable to watch their ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Watching VH1.com/yahoo music videos and linux/firefox

Today I went to vh1.com from my mandrake box (10.2 beta 2 uname -r = 2.6.10-1mdk) . I am using the forefox 1.0 browser and am unable to watch their videos. It says I need the windows media 9 plug-in. When I click the link to download it tries to download a .exe. Is there a way to get this to work in mandrake.

I am trying to do away with xp all together on this particular box and can do everything else watch dvd's, burn cds, etc. I would like to see stuff like this work also. yahoo videos do not work either, it says I need netscape 4.7 or 7.1, which is Stupid. firefox 1.0 should be plenty. I have had this with suse but really like mandrake so far an would like to see this work, heck I even got my d-link dwl-g520 pci wireless card to work with mandrake and I couldn't with suse.

Thanks!

Linux Guru
    First of all, install mplayer-plugin. Then install *every* available codec for mplayer.

Code:
    urpmi mplayer-plugin
    urpmi codec
    I guess before first all, beta-first of all, make sure you've setup your urpmi mirrors.
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!

watching video online

Thanks for the reply.

How do I know if my urpmi mirrors are setup?? If they aren't then how do I set them up?? Many thanks!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru

Just Joined!

urpmi

Will it matter if I only have 10.2 beta 2 installed right now?? I want to make sure all this stuff works before I invest the $$$. And again thanks.

Linux Guru
    Cutting edge, heh

For MDK, I think beta's are cooker.

Jeremy

You can download 10.1 Official for free, anyway. No reason to run the beta (unless, of course, you want to submit bug reports - like me).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson