Find the answer to your Linux question:
Newbie here. I've been running Mandrakelinux 10.0 official on a AMD 2300 machine with 512meg ram. The problem I've run into is that I seemed to have lost my Gnome ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrakelinux 10.0 and Gnome

Newbie here. I've been running Mandrakelinux 10.0 official on a AMD 2300 machine with 512meg ram. The problem I've run into is that I seemed to have lost my Gnome selection on login. It was there when I first install Mandrake but is now gone. I trid reinstalling the software but had no luck. This isn't a major problem but I never really had a chance to try it and would like to .

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Just Joined!
    first of all i would ask if you had installed gnome the second time you installed since mandrake doesn't install gnome in the default installation.
    if it is installed can you tell me if there's another desktop in the session select dropdown list?

Just Joined!

Mandrakelinux 10.0 and Gnome

I installed both KDE & Gnome plus ICE and another that I can't remember. Like I said I did try to reinstall Gnome but had no luck. Part of Gnome still show up ie.. Epiphany. It's not a big deal, I think I read about the same thing happening to a user on one of the Mandrake 10.0 reviews. I should update to 10.1 anyway.

Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close