Find the answer to your Linux question:
Having decided to install Xine as a replacement for the media player bundled in MDK10.1, I have dl'd the Xine 1.0 package. I have been trying to install it as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!
    In the cupboard under the stairs probably. nr Aylesbury

Installing Xine

Having decided to install Xine as a replacement for the media player bundled in MDK10.1, I have dl'd the Xine 1.0 package.
    I have been trying to install it as per the instructions in the readme, it tells me to run configure in the shell, okay I did that a few times and have updated quite a few packages it says were dependent with success, however when I finally got all that out of the way and ran Xine's configure file again & it halts with the error:
    "configure: error: conditional "HAVE_XV" was never defined.
    Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally."
    I went through the configure file and found in the optional features list this entry:
    Code:
    --enable-static-xv  Enable this to force linking against libXv.a
    now I tried this as a modifier when running the configuration script again and it returns the same error.
    How do I proceed with this?

Try and install xine via urpmi with
    Code:
    urpmi xine
    more info on how to install with urpmi is here .

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    In the cupboard under the stairs probably. nr Aylesbury
    That was excellent, unfortunately there were some packages missing from the distro and I was prompted to update my rpm database too ,but thanks to the link on that guide I managed to update the rpms and now have a working media player.
    Now I can listen to my music while I beat my head on the desk doing more important stuff.
    Ta

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If you haven't already...add the contrib sources to your system from this site (it will walk you through the process):

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson