Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, (btw im a total noob in Linux so dont assume i know anything) I'm trying to install QuantaPlus on my linux mandrake 10.1 machine and I'm having a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems installing Quanta Plus

Hi all,

(btw im a total noob in Linux so dont assume i know anything)

I'm trying to install QuantaPlus on my linux mandrake 10.1 machine and I'm having a real hard time...

I unpacked the file new-kdewebdev-3.3.2.tar.bz2 in a temp folder on my desktop. Then, after reading the readme files and everything, I log in as root and enter the following commands in the terminal:

I cd to the location of my folder on the desktop, then exexute the following:

./configure

at the end of the long process I get this error message:

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!

At this point I am unable to execute make install, so I went on google and searched for similar problems ... I found a couple of posts relating to the subject and it seems that I have to install the libxorg-x11-devel-6.7.0-4.2.101mdk package.

When I try installing it I get the following message:

Some package requested cannot be installed:
    libxorg-x11-devel-6.7.0-4.2.101mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied devel(libfreetype))

I tried searching everywhere for that but nothing seems to be working, and maybe since Im a noob .... what I find never seems to be relevant

Anyone can help?

Linux Guru
    You can solve your problem by installing the xorg-devel package. Or you can simply install Quanta using rpm's or better yet:

Code:
    urpmi quanta
    For help installing software via urpm, check out this tutorial:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials...ial-19957.html

scroll down about 50%.
    Good luck. Let us know if that helps.
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude