Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am trying Mandrake Linux for the first time, and I hope i installed it fine, except the graphics in which i cannot find my graphics card which is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Booting Problem

Hi,
    I am trying Mandrake Linux for the first time, and I hope i installed it fine, except the graphics in which i cannot find my graphics card which is GeForceFX 5200. I am trying to install it in DELL inspiron 5150, so don't really know how to configure the graphics while installation. After the installation is done, and when i try to boot the computer with linux, only a blue screen appears with the Mandrake linux logo sign and the system just hangs. I have windows XP in my other drive and it is working fine. Could someone please help me resolve this problem. Thank you very much!
    -jeshon

I assume you mean the startup screen for Mandrake...next time you boot, press Escape and you'll be able to see where in the startup the system is hanging.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson