Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I cant seem to find where i update my mandrake 10.1 online, i was told that i should get the uddates... thanks, Brad...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Upgrades online???

Hi I cant seem to find where i update my mandrake 10.1 online, i was told that i should get the uddates... thanks,

Brad

When you go into Mandrake Control Center, in the Software section there is a module for Software Updates. When you select that, a wizard will walk you through selecting a server for updates (there's a list - sometimes the servers don't work, don't worry, just let it fail out and pick another one) and then you'll see a gui where you can select which updates to install.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Guru
    If you prefer the command line, you can simply follow the instrucitons here:

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701
    If you prefer the command line, you can simply follow the instrucitons here:

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    Jeremy
    You should go to that site even if you don't prefer the command line, by the way, and add the contrib sources (the site walks you through it). It will make a lot more software available for easy install.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help guys... it was over 400mb for the update... wow

Well, unlike some software manufacturers, the open source community takes bugs seriously and actually FIX them

- Jeremy S. Anderson