Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Folks, still searching for some drivers for a motorola wireless laptop card. Im running Mandrake 10.1 on a 2001 Compaq Presario 1800T. The laptop recognized the card but wouldnt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

motorola wireless card drivers

Hello Folks, still searching for some drivers for a motorola wireless laptop card. Im running Mandrake 10.1 on a 2001 Compaq Presario 1800T. The laptop recognized the card but wouldnt read the windows files to install the drivers on the disk. Would the Ndiswrapper work?

When you say the laptop recognized the card, what exactly do you mean? If it's a supported card in Mandrake, then you probably just have to set your SSID for it to work properly.

Could you run (as root) iwconfig and post the output?
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    No problem, i 'll try that and post it later tonight,(at work right now). In the root menu when you try and config the card, it gives you a list of possible drivers to choose from. None seem to work. So i figure i'll try the ndiswrapper, and get whats on the installation cd. Please pardon my lack of proper descriptions for whats going on, im new to Linux and still trying to learn as i go. Thanks for the help, flatline.

cheers

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The actual model of the card would be of great help as well.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Motorola WN825G

A couple of tips for your ndiswrapper install (yes, you'll need ndiswrapper to get it working - sorry ):

Sometimes people have trouble with the ndiswrapper included with Mandrake (it's an older version). If you have trouble with it, uninstall the included version and grab the source code; if you follow the directions in the INSTALL file explicitly, you shouldn't have any problems. I believe that to get the "from source" version to work properly you'll have to install the kernel-source package.

For that card, you'll need the bcmwl5a.inf file from your Windows driver disk.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    THanks Flatline!
    I'll give it a go.

Cheers,
    Sean