Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi this my first try at linux i have no idea how it works , managed to install it but would like to install bit tornado have down loaded it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

bit tornado how to install in mandrake 10

Hi this my first try at linux i have no idea how it works , managed to install it but would like to install bit tornado have down loaded it into home/documents , how can i install it ? Anyone help please.

Linux Guru
    Setup urpmi here: http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

Then type as root

urpmi bittorrent.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    many thanks Jeremy 1701 i have followed procedure but keep getting installation failed
    file/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py from install of bittorrent-conflicts with file from package.
    Can you point me in right direction? what have i done wrong? Hope you can help me . Would like to move on to linux from windows Thanks

Linux Guru
    can you copy and paste the exact error?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Just Joined!
    hi Jeremy sorry for the delay this is what is displayed when i try to install bittorrent
    file /usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/btdownloadheadless.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/btlaunchmany.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/btlaunchmanycurses.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/btreannounce.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/btrename.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/btshowmetainfo.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/bttest.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/bin/bttrack.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Choker.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Choker.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Connecter.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Connecter.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/CurrentRateMeasure.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/CurrentRateMeasure.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Downloader.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Downloader.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/DownloaderFeedback.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/DownloaderFeedback.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/HTTPHandler.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/HTTPHandler.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/NatCheck.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/NatCheck.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/PiecePicker.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/PiecePicker.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/RateMeasure.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/RateMeasure.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/RawServer.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/RawServer.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Rerequester.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Rerequester.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Storage.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Storage.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/StorageWrapper.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/StorageWrapper.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Uploader.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/Uploader.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/__init__.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/__init__.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/bencode.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/bencode.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/bitfield.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/bitfield.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/btformats.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/btformats.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/download.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/download.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/parseargs.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/parseargs.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/selectpoll.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/selectpoll.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/testtest.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/testtest.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/track.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/track.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/zurllib.py from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk
    file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/zurllib.pyc from install of BitTorrent-4.0.0-1 conflicts with file from package bittorrent-3.3-4mdk

Linux Guru
    Well, it would seem you already have bittorrent installed.

Jeremy

Just Joined!
    Thanks again sorry for not replying sooner , shows how much i know about linux . Have tried to down load a small linux program and choose save as and saved it in home/documents , when i try to open it asks what i would like to open it with , can't open or install ? Does this make sense . Dare i ask you to help me again?