Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, just to let you know I'm quite new to linux. So please be specific when explaining anything. I download the 3 ISO's, burnt them to cd's, and installed Mandrake ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mouse problems after installing

Hi, just to let you know I'm quite new to linux. So please be specific when explaining anything.

I download the 3 ISO's, burnt them to cd's, and installed Mandrake (10.1 I believe) on a computer. During the setup my mouse worked just fine, now when I try to start it up, only the keyboard works and NOT the mouse.

I have tried both PS/2 and USB mice, neither work. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do?

Thanks,

Quentin

Just Joined!

I also have mouse problems

Hi Quentin

I see you have had no reply yet and I have exactly the same problem you are experiencing. I have installed Mandrake 10.1 on two different machines one running a Duron 850mhz and the other running an 2ghz Athalon. The Duron is connected through a KVM switch but I have tried running a PS2 and USB mouse directly on both but neither system will recognise a mouse after boot up even though they worked fine during install.
    Have you found a solution to this problem? as I have not found one yet and until I do my first experience of Linux will be a negative one

Just Joined!
    i did abit of googling because i was.. well bored and it seems to be the result of a bad xorg config, there is also a tool called "drakemouse" maybe you could give that a try if not try this.

within gnome, hit alt+f2 and a dialog will appear enter gnome-terminal
    then you will need to edit you xorg config using from the terminal
    su to root then type
    joe /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    press the arrow key down until you see something like this

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
    EndSection
    change "/dev/input/mice" "/dev/psaux"

original post at: http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=21261

peace out,
    gizm0

Just Joined!
    I've been Googling to solve KVM switch problem as a new Mandriva user. Mr Gizmo you are a god! Worked a treat ta.

Just Joined!
    Thank you so very very much!
    I was just about to give up all hope then I thought, lets sign up to a linux forum and post something, then I wondered if this could have happened before ergo searching. AND NOW I HAVE IT!!! BRILLIANT!!

Now just the WLAN card