Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody!!! I am a new Linux user and i have recently installed Mandrake 10.1 on my pc along with Windows XP. While everything worked out fine and most of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with tv card

Hello everybody!!!

I am a new Linux user and i have recently installed Mandrake 10.1 on my pc along with Windows XP. While everything worked out fine and most of my hardware was recognized, i am having a problem with my tv tuner card (Prolink Pixelview PlayTV). While i can watch tv normaly, i can't hear no sound.
    I have tried many programs syuch as xawTV, Kdetv and tvtime but none of them has sound. My audio card is on board the AK77-600GN motherboard. The tv tuner works fine under windows.
    I would apreciate it if someone could help me!

(I am new in the forum and i don't know if this is the right place to post this question, sorry if it isn't!)

Just Joined!
    I had the same problem. Make sure the little cable that goes from TV Tuner card to Soundcard Line-in is plugged into the right place. Then right-click the speaker in the bottom, right corner (I use GNOME, not sure where it is on KDE) and make sure nothing is selected for 'rec'.

If this still doesn't work, verify that your soundcard works normally. If it doesn't, you might have to disable the onboard sound (if any) in BIOS.

If that still doesn't work, you can plug your speakers into the line-out on the TV card as an interrim solution.

~Pax

Just Joined!
    I have tried your suggestions but unfortunately still no sound
    I will plug in my older SB live and see if that solves the problem.
    Thanks for your help my friend!!!