Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I go about doing this? Im running dual boot and I have run out of space so I have to use the hard drive that Mandrake is on. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Uninstall Mandrake Help

How do I go about doing this? Im running dual boot and I have run out of space so I have to use the hard drive that Mandrake is on.

O btw, Im running 10.1, thanks

Use Windows's formatting tool to remove the linux partitions. It can be found on the Windows install cd. Just insert the cd, reboot the computer, and tell it to delete the non dos partitions when it gets to that point in setup. Then reboot the computer and hopefully you should have gotten rid of linux.

However, in my experience, to get rid of linux fully, you also will need to get rid of windows as well (i.e do a fresh install).

Just Joined!
    Should i still do a fresh install with windows even if i have them on seperate hard drives?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFie
    Should i still do a fresh install with windows even if i have them on seperate hard drives?
    You shouldn't have to...you just need to format the partition Mandrake is on.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Okay, i just put the cd in and booted from it. I chose the repair option and the screen came up asking me to enter a number or something. Any idea on what to do about that? Or am i supposed to choose another option?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFie
    Okay, i just put the cd in and booted from it. I chose the repair option and the screen came up asking me to enter a number or something. Any idea on what to do about that? Or am i supposed to choose another option?
    Your suppose to start instaling but befor it puts windows on it comes up with a partitions thing were you can remove the partitions and format them. After you've removed the partition format the free space, (from within the windows installer) and restart.