Results 1 to 2 of 2
I installed AMSN by using the installer, and I can start it from desktop structure, however, I can't login. At the login screen, I can't type in username or password, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 03-15-2005 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
Need help with AMSN, can't login.
I installed AMSN by using the installer, and I can start it from desktop structure, however, I can't login. At the login screen, I can't type in username or password, or anything. I initially thought my keyboard has something wrong, but I could type in other program. I have tcl/tk 8.3.3 using Mandrake Linux 9.1. Please help me. (I am new, if you suggest to install something, doc link to a step by step instruction will be great). Thank you.
- 04-05-2005 #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Re: Need help with AMSN, can't login.Originally Posted by Wang
Here are the useful steps to install AMSN:
1. Download amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin
2. Enter a terminal and allow yourself execution permissions using "chmod 500 amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin"
3. Type "./amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin" and a graphical wizard appears to guide you through the installation
4. "cd /opt/amsn-0.94" and then "./amsn"
If that doesn't work, then make a symbolic link to /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish at /usr/bin/wish first (assuming you're using ActiveTcl and you install it at /usr/local/ActiveTcl/) using
"ln -s /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish /usr/bin/wish" and try again
5. If it works, from now on you can use aMSN via the desktop shortcut
6. To start aMSN from the command line, do "ln -s /opt/amsn-0.94/amsn /usr/bin/amsn" and you will be able to start aMSN using "amsn" whenever you want