Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed AMSN by using the installer, and I can start it from desktop structure, however, I can't login. At the login screen, I can't type in username or password, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help with AMSN, can't login.

I installed AMSN by using the installer, and I can start it from desktop structure, however, I can't login. At the login screen, I can't type in username or password, or anything. I initially thought my keyboard has something wrong, but I could type in other program. I have tcl/tk 8.3.3 using Mandrake Linux 9.1. Please help me. (I am new, if you suggest to install something, doc link to a step by step instruction will be great). Thank you.

Just Joined!

Re: Need help with AMSN, can't login.

Quote Originally Posted by Wang
    I installed AMSN by using the installer, and I can start it from desktop structure, however, I can't login. At the login screen, I can't type in username or password, or anything. I initially thought my keyboard has something wrong, but I could type in other program. I have tcl/tk 8.3.3 using Mandrake Linux 9.1. Please help me. (I am new, if you suggest to install something, doc link to a step by step instruction will be great). Thank you.

Here are the useful steps to install AMSN:
    1. Download amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin
    2. Enter a terminal and allow yourself execution permissions using "chmod 500 amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin"
    3. Type "./amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin" and a graphical wizard appears to guide you through the installation
    4. "cd /opt/amsn-0.94" and then "./amsn"
    If that doesn't work, then make a symbolic link to /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish at /usr/bin/wish first (assuming you're using ActiveTcl and you install it at /usr/local/ActiveTcl/) using
    "ln -s /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish /usr/bin/wish" and try again
    5. If it works, from now on you can use aMSN via the desktop shortcut
    6. To start aMSN from the command line, do "ln -s /opt/amsn-0.94/amsn /usr/bin/amsn" and you will be able to start aMSN using "amsn" whenever you want

Good luck