Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know the planned release date for 10.2? I am currently evaluating Linux distros for my home server, which runs a hobbyist Internet site mainly with Apache, MySQL, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Release dates?

Does anyone know the planned release date for 10.2?

I am currently evaluating Linux distros for my home server, which runs a hobbyist Internet site mainly with Apache, MySQL, and PHP. I tried 10.1 and while it's nice it has some older versions of things. I also found 10.2RC1 and it's great! Version 4.1.x of MySQL, 4.3.10 of PHP, Firefox included in a package, 2.6.11 kernel. I would like to know how long my wait would be for 10.2, or is it safe to run a "production" site on 10.2RC1 and then upgrade to 10.2 when it is released?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Linux Enthusiast
    I can only speak for my self, but I would never trust neither a Beta or a RC release in a production environment. Since they are in a testing faze.
    And for the release date, I have not seen any timeline from Mandrake about it, more than it is close.

Further, it is not allways true that you will be able to smoothly upgrade to a released version, however, Mandrake has been quite nice on those abillities.

Linux Enthusiast
    Found this MDK WIKI where they state the release for MDK 10.2 2005-04-01
    But then, the community was planned to be released 2005-03-01 and has the same release date as the primary release as well.