Find the answer to your Linux question:
I posted a message yesterday about usb problems. The error that you get when you plug in a usb device(something of IRQ 21). So flatline replied saying I should change ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems!

I posted a message yesterday about usb problems. The error that you get when you plug in a usb device(something of IRQ 21). So flatline replied saying I should change my bootloader settings to no apic. I did that and the error went away, and my mouse worked with usb 1 and linux kinda saw my printer, but when I print a test page it never actually prints. Also if I have my mouse in my usb port linux freezes when I’m trying to enter “configuring your computer”. And this is not even to talk about my usb2. Another funny thing is each time I enter linux my volume etc is turned down in kmax resulting in no sound. I turn it back up again but when I restart, it is down again and it didn’t always do this.

For the sound issue, you could try (after you've turned it back up)
    Code:
    alsactl store
    in a terminal to save your sound. As for your (continuing) usb woes, do you have acpi enabled in the bootloader? It might make a difference, might not...it can be surprising what ACPI touches on different machines.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    I turned the apic of( force no apic also). What can I do about my printing problems?