Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just built my new computer (Athlon64 3000+, 1gb RAM, 6600gt) and have windows XP on it as well. I haven't used Linux in like a year, when I had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

D-Link wireless card works with Mandrake?

I just built my new computer (Athlon64 3000+, 1gb RAM, 6600gt) and have windows XP on it as well. I haven't used Linux in like a year, when I had my old computer hardwired to the internet.

Well I really want to try a 64-bit OS and always have used Mandrake, but now my computer is not hardwired to the internet and instead has a D-Link wireless 802.11b card in it to connect to the net. Is there anyway I can get my card to work with linux?

You have to find out the exact model of your card. Then figure out if there are native linux drivers. If not...which is the case a lot of the time...then try ndiwrapper. You can get the program, instructions, and such here.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

if you need any help just ask.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL