Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I want to install the RPMs for OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta under Mandrake. The instructions seem relatively straightforward: Unpack the downloaded image into a directory. For example, currently, the following ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta Installation Questions for Mandrake

Hi,

I want to install the RPMs for OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta under Mandrake. The instructions seem relatively straightforward:

Unpack the downloaded image into a directory. For example, currently, the following command would unpack into the current directory:

tar xvzf Ooo_1.9.m79_native_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz
    # Su to root, if necessary.
    # cd into the directory with the unpacked image. This could be RPMS.
    # Delete any rpm files that do not apply to your system. For example, on a Fedora Core 3 system, delete any rpms specific to another distribution such as openofficeorg-suse-menus-1.9.79-1.noarch.rpm.
    # Then execute rpm -Uvih *rpm.

The problem I'm having is that the tarball has a dozen or more RPMs. Some of these are obviously inapplicable for Mandrake (i.e. Redhat, Suse, etc.). However, of the dozen RPMs -- I'm too newbie to know which RPMs to delete. Can somebody help?

Thanks.

B

Linux Enthusiast
    Ok, I have just done this my self. And must say that there has been a lot lof good job on OO2.0b

Anyhow, the only RPM that you need to remove from the RPMS directory is the file openofficeorg-suse-menus-1.9.79-1.noarch.rpm
    Then you should be just fine installing all RPMS with rpm -Uvih *.rpm

Just Joined!
    Thank you very much. I looked everywhere trying to figure out what to do with this... I will try this tonight. I've used OOo 2.0 Beta under Windows and it is quite good... they did some great things here and I can't believe it is free!

B

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close