Find the answer to your Linux question:
Maybe it's just me but everytime I blow away MDK 10.1 and need to re-install I suppose that I'm ok, that is,until I make the decision to make sure my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

UPGRADE HELL!

Maybe it's just me but everytime I blow away MDK 10.1 and need to re-install I suppose that I'm ok, that is,until I make the decision to make sure my OS is current by upgrading to the upgrade MDK site.
    -While upgrading I've followed the feedback about not being able to upgrade because of signature issues
    (DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE? -
    Of course I do. Do you think I want to start all over again?, (having been there myself) but I none-the-less punch in the:

YEAH! I WANT TO CONTINUE TO -UPGRADE MY STUFF!!

and watch as the packages are dutifully installed- Ok, maybe w'out signatures??? Is this important?.
    It's only after all this is done do I realize that I'm now working with a different system! My cursor jigs and jags like it's on stilts- Links don't answer- I'm waiting for some sign of intelligence out there _SETI??? Alas and alack even dumb old me realizes I obviously have problems.

I will most likely continue to be the ubiquitous Don Quixote and contintinue to tilt at the "BIG BILL" windmill but someone with some interest in the outcome of this project better get their act together or neophytes like me will take a walk- Unless those with the clout figure that we's not important. Is somebody out there with some knowledge checking this stuff out? Or should we uninformed be better off waiting for the next "OFFICIAL?" release?.......................

[/b]

Just Joined!
    I can certainly understand the rant. I upgraded from 9.1 to 10.1. Needless to say I had to reinstall the entire system!

I have also wondered if it does any harm to install after this warning about signatures. I wouldn't install if the checksum were wrong but the signature if you are sure of its source?

hmmm?