Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok do I have to pay for updates for the Downloadable version of Mandrake from their website? Is it like Redhat in the fact that it cost money for the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DO I have to Pay for updates?

Ok do I have to pay for updates for the Downloadable version of Mandrake from their website? Is it like Redhat in the fact that it cost money for the update services?

Linux Enthusiast
    No, you don't need to pay money to get the updates, it's just the MandrakeOnline function you have to pay some $$ for. You can allways download your updates for free via Mandrake Control Center -> Software -> Mandrake Updates

Just Joined!
    Cool I think I'm going to switch from Fedora to Mandrake. It looks like a better distro to me.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by swemic
    No, you don't need to pay money to get the updates, it's just the MandrakeOnline function you have to pay some $$ for. You can allways download your updates for free via Mandrake Control Center -> Software -> Mandrake Updates
    Any ideas on getting to that said control Center on the free download 10.1? I've checked everywhere I can look to find it. I'm thinkin' it just ain't there--as if it were a way to wrangle you into paying for their upgrade service.

I'm really missing Fedora and Yum right now.