Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone i'm new in this, fact i installed MDK 10.1 today and i have a few issues, if anyone can help me thx in advanced here it is: 1- ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ALSA upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 CREATIVE SB AUDIGY LS

Hi everyone i'm new in this, fact i installed MDK 10.1 today and i have a few issues, if anyone can help me thx in advanced here it is:
    1- i already have the access to my other files on my computer eg music and the sort, (my other OS is windows) but i cannot use the sound card it is a Creative Labs SB Audigy LS and so i tried to use the ALSA 1.0.6 that comes with the mandrake dvd... but i did not recognize the sound card, i mean i already used the command alsaconfig under root but it did not recognize the sound card, it says it doesn't exist or something like that, but the system recognizes it when i go to hardware management in MANDRAKE CONTROL ...
    So i went to the official ALSA website (alsa-project) and it appears that it should work with the 1.0.8 , and i followed some instructions there but at the end it didn't work and if i remember correctly it said an error at the end,
    so i am wondering if i can UPGRADE from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 and use the command ALSACONFIG and be able to use the sort of GUI but with the 1.0.8 ?
    and see if this works??

if it is necessary i will follow all steps you can tell me and see if it works...
    and repeat again if necessary...
    thx
    Hector

Just Joined!
    anyone ????