Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a drive that no longer exists in my server that linux keeps trying to access. It was an SATA hard drive and I keep getting the error that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Start up

I have a drive that no longer exists in my server that linux keeps trying to access. It was an SATA hard drive and I keep getting the error that it cannot be checked. How can I fix this, or what file needs to be edited to remove the drive from the startup? I want it totally gone because it doesn't even exist in /dev directory. I still see it and the mount that it had in kdiskfree utility but I know it doesn't exist any more. can anyone help?

Just Joined!
    I'm pretty sure that the file you're going to want to edit is /etc/fstab , however I'm not very sure HOW you'll need to edit it. There may be a couple lines you'll need to get rid of. I haven't had to do it before, so Im not sure. Does anything show up in Mandrake Control Center under partitions? If your old partitions still exist (the ones for the old harddrive) you should be able to unmount them and then when you leave it should ask whether you want to write to your fstab. That would be a pretty easy way of fixing things if it works.