Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently put Mandrake Linux 10.1 on my mother's laptop, and the installation went smoothly uuntil i reached the network connection setup. I had to pick from a list of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PCMCIA toubles

I recently put Mandrake Linux 10.1 on my mother's laptop, and the installation went smoothly uuntil i reached the network connection setup. I had to pick from a list of drivers (not card models) to find which one would match up with my PCMCIA card, which is a Netgear MA401, however none seemed to match. After installing, with no internet connection, I went on my pc and got the drivers from the Netgear website, but they are designed for Red Hat linux, and i by no means want to switch.

So does anyone know where I can get Mandrake Linux Netgear drivers for the MA401 PCMCIA card?

If the redhat drivcers are rpm's then download them onto the laptop and type rpm <file name> and this should unpack the drivers onto the hard drive. Then follow the red hat instructions and continue installing it.

Just Joined!
    zHtey're not rpms, they're tars, and i untared them. My problem is that the red hat instructions refer to folders that don't exist

The folders may not be the same, but they will be similar sounding, just copy the files into the folders which are similar sounding. OR try downloading the drivers as rpm's from rpm.pbone.net or rpmfind