Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, i installed mandrake on my dell 8400 today (old hard drive went out and didnt dfeel like messig w windows ) well i got my sound problems figured out, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake and network internet connection

Well, i installed mandrake on my dell 8400 today (old hard drive went out and didnt dfeel like messig w windows ) well i got my sound problems figured out, but now was wondering how to get it to recognize my network connection. I have a built in network thing on my mother board but also a wireless netger usb plugged in. i cant get either to work. any help on how to get it to work is greatly appretiated. right now im on a 1ghz compaq with knippix STD or w.e. it is called. so plese help Garrett

Just Joined!
    i'm having internet problems as well.. i'm running 10.2 64 bit version.. it will establish a connection, then disconnect and reconnect every 5-10 seconds.. when it disconnects, it doesn't disconnect me from whatever i'm doing on the internet, just pauses it.. its pretty annoying

jgc2521:
    Try disabling the wireless LAN and only enabling the wired one, in some cases that fixes the problem. i.e. unckeck the wireless LAN from the internet connection.