Find the answer to your Linux question:
I currently use Suse 9.2 Pro to run my server off but this distro is really a workstation distro and has little in the way of server tools like setting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anyone running Mandrake powerpack 10+?

I currently use Suse 9.2 Pro to run my server off but this distro is really a workstation distro and has little in the way of server tools like setting up email server in Yast among other things...

Somone said that Mandrake Power Pack 10 and above has some nice server config tools and all the server packages like IRC, Mail and web.

Suse has these too but there are no desktop tools or configurators to work with...

Basically I was wondering if anyone else is running this mandrake powerpack and could tell me if it's worth the trouble of redoing my server with it...Do you like it? is it an easy install or a pain...

I'm still what you would call a Linux newbie I guess but I do have some skills in setting it up...

Mandrake has an equivalent to yast2 call the Mandrake Control Center (MCC) which had a section for servers. Not automatically install, but installable out of a few mouse click. It's called drakwizard and is really newbie oriented.
    If you're interested I could send you few screenshots so that you can have a look.
    Now about suggesting you to redo your server.... I don't know. I am mainly a Mandrake user so I will of course encourage more people to use it... I have some experience with Suse, but not as much as Mandrake. Personnally I prefer Mandrake.
    I would say if you're not totally happy with Suse it would be worth a try. The installation is easy (for me it was).
    The reason why I'm still stuck to Mandrake dispite the fact that I'm using Linux since years so getting more knowledge is because Mandrake is giving me the choice between configuring my stuff editing files out of the command line, or if I'm doing sth new that I'm not sure yet how to, I can use their wizard and see what it does.
    Hope this help. If you want more specific detail, just ask

Forgot to mentionned: I'm running the 10.1 powerpack DVD edition.
    You can compare the different versions here ==> http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/101/comparison

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close